Title: The FaSS and the Furious
Hosts: Vicky Gibson, Mark Garside
Guest(s): James Frith
Opening question: What was your most embarrassing fall?
Main Topic: Falls and Syncope
- Why are falls an issue?
- Why are some patients resistant to seeking help?
- What are the common and easily overlooked causes of falls?
- How should you assess someone who has presented following a fall?
- What can be done on the wards to prevent falls?
- What happens in a Falls and Syncope department (and what exactly is a Tilt Table Test)?
- What are the current advances in falls/ongoing projects?
- Where can juniors spend more time to get more experience, and what services are available as an outpatient/in the community?
- Never write “Mechanical Fall”
- Take a careful history
- Review the meds, & refer to physical and occupational therapists
References, Links, Resources:
Help us to improve CotEcast – please complete this brief online survey: