Title: Stroke Medicine – FAQs for F1s
Host(s): Pete Brock
Guest(s): Mark Garside, Gemma Smith, James Muggleton & Eve Braithwaite
Opening Question: If for 24 hours you could do any other job in the hospital, what would it be?
Main Topic: Addressing the issues related to stroke we commonly find difficult
- Assessing patients who will not comply with your examination
- What are the stroke mimics
- Face a bit droopy, speech a bit slurred, bit confused – is this a stroke?
- How do you diagnose posterior circulation strokes?
- What happens in a stroke unit?
- Think stroke, and act quickly – time is brain!
- It’s a bleed until proven otherwise
- Say what you see
References, Links, Resources:
- Thrombolysis Mini-GEM (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lsHXmw_dVg)
- STARS e-learning modules (stroketraining.org)