Saturday 13th November 2021
Virtual online event via Swapcard
Formal programme coming soon. Check out the great topics that will be covered below!
Sign up to our mailing list at the bottom of this page for further updates
What is it?
G4J is a one-day conference, designed for Foundation Doctors, Core Medical and GP Trainees, and Specialist Nurse Practitioners. It aims to deliver relevant and useful clinical updates in all the main sub-specialties of Geriatric Medicine, in order to improve the standard of care for older patients.
What’s in it for you?
- A full day of relevant and interesting educational sessions related to Geriatric Medicine
- Practical and useful updates for your day-to-day practice on the hospital medical wards
- Session on career choices, CV building, applying to specialty, and the truth about life as a registrar
- A certificate of attendance for your e-portfolio
What will be covered?
- The ageing heart
- An approach to geriatrics in primary care
- Demystifying Stroke
- How can ITU help the older person
- Life as a Geri’s reg
- Oral health
- Silver trauma
- Front door geriatrics
- Parkinson’s disease
- Ask the Medical Reg panel session
Our ‘CotE Champions’ poster competition will be highlighting some of the work our delegates have been doing to improve the standard of care for older patients!
How much will it cost?
Only £27.50, for an incredible day of talks from some fantastic speakers and a 10% discount for early bird registrations before September 13th. Click here to register!
We want to hear about Audits and Quality Improvement Projects, done by junior doctors, focusing on issues relating to Geriatric Medicine and the care of older patients. Successful authors will have their poster displayed at the conference, with the top projects receiving the ‘Kate Granger Prize’ for dedication to improving standards of care for older patients. Full details and entry at aeme.org.uk/g4j21-posters.
Any more questions?
Join us on Twitter (@ElderlyMedEd), or sign up for email updates using the form at the bottom of this page to keep up with the latest developments.