Saturday 8th October 2016
Nottingham Conference Centre
Sign up to our mailing list at the bottom of this page for further updates
What is it?
G4J is a one-day conference, designed for Foundation Doctors and Core Medical and GP Trainees. It aims to deliver relevant and useful clinical updates in all the main sub-specialties of Geriatric Medicine, in order to improve the standard of care for older patients.
What’s in it for you?
- A full day of relevant and interesting educational sessions related to Geriatric Medicine
- Practical and useful updates for your day-to-day practice on the hospital medical wards
- Session on career choices, CV building, applying to specialty, and the truth about life as a registrar
- A certificate of attendance for your e-portfolio
What will be covered?
- Acute Geriatrics
- The Ageing Body
- Legal Aspects of Geriatrics
- Community Geriatrics
- Geriatrics and Geriatricians in the Modern NHS
- Managing Bowel Problems in Older Patients
- Recognising Dying, and Preparing for Palliation
- Perioperative Care of Older Patients
- Neurology Casebook
- Being the ‘Med Reg’
- Life as a Geriatrics Trainee
Our ‘CotE Champions’ poster competition will be highlighting some of the work our delegates have been doing to improve the standard of care for older patients!
There will also be a ‘World Cafe’ of informal discussions regarding career options, applying to specialty, and tips for improving your clinical practice within the various sub-specialty fields.
How much will it cost?
- Only £40, for an incredible day of talks from some fantastic speakers, with lunch and tea/coffee included.
Any more questions?
Join us on Twitter (@ElderlyMedEd), or sign up for email updates using the form at the bottom of this page to keep up with the latest developments.