Welcome to our newest part of the Geriatrics 4 Juniors project!
Considering a career in Geriatric Medicine or interested to find out more about it?
The inspiration to support and further expand on the G4J project is passionately driven by the EAMA group (European Academy for Medicine of Ageing) & supported by AEME (Association for Elderly Medicine Education) UK, who have continuously held successful events for junior doctors across the UK. Building on the G4J ethos, our “G4U” Project begins with an annual conference to help promote and encourage interest in Geriatric medicine amongst undergraduate students.
Our very first G4U meeting will be held at UCL in London on 30th November 2019!
- Keynote speech from Professor Adam Gordon, Professor of Medicine for Older People, Vice-President for Academic Affairs of the British Geriatrics Society
- Opportunity to discuss with Geriatricians and senior trainees about their career pathways
- Breakout group discussions on polypharmacy, nutrition, dementia, falls, delirium and more
- Opportunity to showcase your quality improvement project or research, with an award for the best poster presentation.
- Lunch and refreshments included
- Attendance fee is FREE!
To view the full provisional programme click here.
When: 30th November 2019
Where: UCL, Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AL
For further details, regarding this event or registration please contact EAMAUKGroup@gmail.com
If you would like to submit a poster for presentation please bring along an A3 version of your work to be put up on our poster boards during registration in the morning
To register for the event – click here.
This meeting is supported by the British Geriatrics Society and European Academy for Medicine of Ageing