We’re pleased to announce that registration for Geriatrics For Juniors 2014 is now open.
It will be held on Saturday 8th November at Etc Conferencing Venue, Corporation Street, Birmingham.
You can register online here for only £40.
More details about the conference are included below. Tickets for G4J 2013 sold-out well in advance, so please register early if you would like to attend.
We are very grateful to the British Geriatrics Society for handling the online registration process.
What is it?
G4J is a one-day conference, designed for Foundation Doctors and Core Medical Trainees. It aims to deliver relevant and useful clinical updates in all the main sub-specialities of Geriatric Medicine, in order to improve the standard of care for older patients.
What’s in it for you?
- A full day of relevant and interesting educational sessions related to Geriatric Medicine
- Practical and useful updates for your day-to-day practice on the hospital medical wards
- Session on career choices, CV building, applying to specialty, and the truth about life as a registrar
- A certificate of attendance for your e-portfolio
What will be covered?
- Geriatrics in the MAU
- Frailty – what is it, and why should you care?
- Common-sense Continence Care
- Stroke Medicine Essentials
- Parkinson’s Disease – A Junior Doctor’s Survival Guide
- Community Geriatrics – Life outside the hospital
- Cognitive assessment and why it matters
- Falls, faints and funny turns
- CV Building
- Practical Geriatrics: Hallpike and Epley Manoeuvres
- Perioperative care of older patients
- Being a ‘Med Reg’ and being a ‘Geris Reg’
The full programme is available to download at aeme.org.uk/g4j/programme
How much will it cost?
Thanks to our sponsors, we have been able to significantly subsidise the registation fee.
Registration is just £40.
There are limited places available, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Discounted accommodation at local hotels will be available.
Any more questions?
Drop us a line via the contact form on the website, or via Twitter @ElderlyMedEd
G4J Registration Now Open