CotEcast #4 – Shownotes
Title: The morning after the night shift before (Med Reg fears, part 2)
Guest(s): Pete, Vicky Gibson (ST3 Geriatrics)
Opening Question: What’s the best thing you’ve ever eaten in a hospital canteen?
Main Topic: Confessions of new Medical Registrars
- Why did you want to be a med reg? (or why did it not put you off?)
- What were your worries about it before starting?
- Did you do anything to prepare?
- Tell us about your first on-call shift
- Any new fears that you didn’t have before?
- Best/worse moments so far?
- What would you say to junior colleagues not sure about the role?
- Don’t let fear of on-calls overshadow your enjoyment of your day job
- Don’t expect too much of yourself
- Don’t think you can’t be a med reg
- AEME: @ElderlyMedEd
- Mark: @garside80
- Pete: @petebrock7
Get in touch with comments, questions, suggestions